Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Gratitude Journal

In one of my Counseling classes, we learned about a technique called the "gratitude journal". This is pretty self-explanatory, but it is used for people who focus too much on the negative in life and not on the good things that happen every day. The goal is for them at the end of every day to write down a few things they were thankful for during that day. I decided that I really loved this idea and want to start doing that more regularly. I think far too often, especially with our nation being in constant struggle, we are tempted to despair or to only focus on the things that are going wrong in our lives. I am definitely guilty of this. This is no way to live! We need to be thankful for the simple pleasures of life and the joy that can be found in every day moments. So my blog might be taking a little spin into a "blessings journal" for a while. Feel free to comment with things that you are thankful for as well and spread the gratitude. We can never be truly happy if we are never thankful :)


No comments:

Post a Comment