Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

NAS: Survey!

Linking up with Jen and the other ladies again this week for the Not Alone Series!

About me: 

  1. Age: 23!
  2. Area of country: Good old Pittsburgh, home of the black and gold!
  3. Are you working? If so, what do you do?: I work for the Capuchin Franciscan Friars doing development/fundraising work! And I am going to start doing photography and just started a Facebook page for them. It would be great if you would 'like' their page! They're wonderful holy men of God.  https://www.facebook.com/CapuchinFrairsofStAugustine
  4. Family: I am the second oldest of 7 kids! It's a crazy but always fun household :) 
    From L-R: Me, JP (7), Michael (25), Rachel (10), Joe (20), Frannie (13) and Laura (17)


    The whole clan at Easter 


    In addition to 7 kids, we have 4 cats, a psycho dog, and a fish. I have to include a picture of my favorite kitty, Bella! Isn't she adorable? 


    So needless to say, my house is pretty hectic. But I wouldn't have it any other way!
  5. How did your parents meet? My parents have actually known each other since like 1st grade. They went to the same elementary and high school, and their last names were right next to each other alphabetically, so my mom would always sit behind my dad in every class. In high school they started dating and have been now married 25 years!
    The units taking a selfie
  6. Confirmation Saint? St. Catherine of Sienna! I actually picked her because she was the only saint I really knew about in 8th grade... I apparently wasn't properly catechized... or I just didn't pay attention in class.. but either way, I'm glad I chose her because she is AWESOME.
  7. Favorite Gospel? My favorite Gospel is Matthew 14:25-31. This is the one when Jesus tells Peter to step out of the boat and walk on the water toward Him. And then Peter starts freaking out and sinking, and Jesus immediately saves him. I identify a lot with Peter in this Gospel, which is probably why it is my favorite. 
    "25 Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear. 27 But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”29 “Come,” he said.Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”"

  8. # of previous 'facebook official' relationships: Well if we are going FBO, then I guess only 1. But I have had many other guy 'flings' I guess you could call them.
  9. Top 3 qualities in a husband: Strong, giving, Christ-like
  10. Online dating experience? Advice?: Yes, I am on Catholic Match and have been for some time. I don't really go on very frequently though, and when I do, it is mostly just to check out the scene. My experience has never been quality, and usually I'll talk to a guy for a little and that's that. I guess it is good experience just to talk to them, but I have found that there are not entirely very many eligible guys on that site. Maybe that just happens to be the area that I am pulling from, but I have not really been satisfied with my online dating experience. I don't think it is a bad idea though, and God can definitely work through the modern technologies that are available to us. I know many other people though who are happily married to people they found online. So if you want to, go for it! There is a taboo about it, but why not try it? It might work for you, it might not. 
  11. Advice for a single lady (in 140 characters!): Pursue Christ first and foremost and let everything else just fall into place.
  12. What is your favorite thing outside of blogging and work/school?: I like running, reading good books, doing photography/photo-editing, enjoying nice quiet mornings before the family is awake, watching baseball (Pirates!), and just spending quality time with my siblings! 

13 comments:

  1. Seven kids, WOW, that is actually my acceptable minimum number. It's the number I tell guys so they don't freak out, although I always make sure to say "I'll willingly accept as little as 7", they never ask the maximum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Not only are we the same age, but my brother goes to school at PITT! SUCH a great city! He's graduating on my birthday this year so we'll be headed out for that...maybe you and I can meet up for coffee or something! :)

    And seven kids...awesome. Freaking love big families. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea that would be awesome! Will that be sometime in May?

      Delete
    2. The weekend of April 26th-27th...so the last weekend in April :)

      Delete
    3. Cool! Shoot me an email when it gets closer. m.andreola@yahoo.com
      :)

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. My soon-to-be brother-in-law is from Pittsburgh. And I LOVE big families! I'm the 4th of 6 :)

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my BFF's and her fam lives in Pitt... when I am there I'll let ya know! :) SO awesome that your parents have known each other for SO long! It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie- when I started reading this I was like, "Ahh I girl from Pittsburgh" and then I remembered that I was reading yours. I didn't know you love getting up before everyone else gets up. What are we going to do if we do end up living together and both of us can't get up before the other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Natalie I literally just loled. We can get up early and sit with one another and sip coffee :)

      Delete