Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday quick takes!

It is Friday! I am taking a half day today to go meet one of my favorite Pittsburgh Pirates (for the second time) and get his autograph. Yay :) I'm super excited! Here is a picture of when I met him last year, on my birthday:
Jordy Mercer
I'm still trying to figure out if I want to get that picture signed, or if I want to get this baseball that I caught at one of the games signed. Decisions. It would be awesome if I could accumulate signatures on the baseball though... or maybe I'll see if he will sign both :) If you haven't checked out the Imagine Sisters movement, DO IT. Now! They are awesome. There is not very much within the Church currently to promote religious life for women, and this non profit took it upon themselves to change that. Even if you are married, single but no discerning, please help support them and support a positive culture of discernment for young women! If everyone even just gave a dollar, it would be a huge help to them. :) (and no, I'm not getting paid to say this... they are just seriously that awesome) 
Some cute, happy nuns! 
Hellooo labor day weekend! So thankful for having a day off next week. Savoring the last bits of summer, but so excited for my favorite season to be upon us! I've recently been diving into Twitter more often. If you want to give me a follow, I'm @maggiemercy3. I'm also finding so many hilarious Twitter accounts to feed my inner, pun-loving nerd. If you have any favorites, let me know! Does anyone else think it is a little crazy that the Pumpkin Spice latte is already out at Starbucks? It just seems like everything gets earlier each year. I'm afraid that someday, we will have one big season and holidays will go all year around and nothing will be fun and exciting anymore! Agh, life. This is the first post I have written in quite some time! I've been having major writers block. Hoping to get back into more. I've been taking a break from Facebook because I was convinced it was sucking away my creativity. I think I feel it coming back to me ;) Have a good weekend all!
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment