Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

TBT: That one time in Gimmelwald



At the beginning of November 2009, during my study abroad program, we took a little weekend trip to Gimmelwald, Switzerland. This was probably one of my favorite trips! (Who am I kidding, I loved them all!)

We stayed at a little mountain hostel, which was adorable and seated right in the alps, and had to take a little cable car to get to the top. We spent the weekend hiking, getting to know other travelers at our hostel, drinking hot chocolate (may or may not have been spiked...) and just breathing in the fresh mountain air. There wasn't much snow where we were, but that made for perfect hiking!

My friend Caitlin and I on the train ride over
The school always gave us these sandwiches to take with us. We were so sick of them by the end of the semester!
My friend Emily and I prepared for the elements 
The view as we were going up the mountain
Our hostel!
So lovely 
On our hike

Just breathtaking.
Look what was hiding behind the fog!
Glory! 








No comments:

Post a Comment