Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Quick Takes! {3}






I am so glad that it is Friday! This is my first full week back at work since I was out with the flu, and I forgot how exhausting it can be! I seriously don't know how some moms work full time. I can't imagine having to take care of a family on top of working 8 hours a day! If you are somehow able to do that, you must be super woman! I'm so whipped out in the evenings, and there is just me to take care of! I guess you get special mom grace or something :)




I have been thinking a lot about healthy eating and fitness lately. I really want to do the Pittsburgh half-marathon in May, but I am a little intimidated by how long of a run that is. I just started running over the summer, so it is still kind of a new thing for me. I also seem to not be able to get myself to run when it is cold outside, so I have been using the elliptical. I'm not sure that would be adequate training, but I don't anticipate it getting warmer any time soon! Maybe I just need to suck it up and wear layers and get out there! Anyone else having problems getting motivated to run in the cold?




Speaking of fitness and health, a friend recommended putting spinach in a smoothie for some extra nutrients, so I decided to try it. I made a strawberry banana smoothie with Greek yogurt and added a handful of Spinach. I was a little nervous, but I actually couldn't taste the Spinach at all! So it was still delicious, but had some extra goodness in it. Totally going to do that again!




My sisters and I are going to see Wicked on Tuesday! I am so excited! I have never seen it, but have listened to the soundtrack so many times that I know all the words to the songs. It is definitely one of my favorites!




Is anyone else getting tired of the cold and snow? I know it is winter, but it has been a little more extreme than usual. I'm beginning to think that it is going to be frosted for ever....




Unfortunately, because of the amount of typing I do at work, I have developed pretty bad carpal tunnel in my wrists. I have been wearing braces and trying to take care of them, but they don't seem to be improving. I am looking into different ways to put less strain on my wrists, but if anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them! I really don't want to end up having surgery. People keep telling me that I am too young to have this, but alas, I do.




I have been watching a TON of Gilmore Girls lately. Mostly while I was sick, but also while I have been on the elliptical. (another perk that is keeping me from running outside...). I find myself constantly wishing that Stars Hollow was a real place, and wanting them to make another episode or two (or whole season....). I am dissatisfied with how the whole series just ends. If you haven't watched it, I don't want to spoil it. But if you have, you might know what I mean!

Anyways, I hope you all have a good weekend!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment