Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

7 Quick Takes {5}





Ok seriously, where did the month of February go? I can't believe that there is only a week left. This year is already flying by!


I'm SO excited that I can finally see grass today! The rain and warmer temps have been getting rid of the snow. I almost forgot how green and beautiful it is underneath all of that. Needless to say, I am enjoying this warm spell. The 40s and 50s never felt so good :)


I did manage to get out and take some pictures of the winter wonderland outside before it totally melted away! I'll be hopefully be posting them on my website soon. For now though, feel free to check out some of my other work here, and check back for more photos! I wish I had a sample to show you, but alas, they are currently on my other computer.


I've been experimenting with some online photo editing software lately. I always have fun adding filters and adjusting levels... all that good stuff. I find it to be incredibly therapeutic. I was in a pinch though, and looking for some pictures to edit, so found a cool mirror and tried doing some artsy shots with my Iphone. One of these days you think I would learn to carry my camera with me... Anyways, here are some shots I was fooling around with. Kind of takes me back to middle school... but oh well. It is a good stress reliever!


I know, shameless mirror pictures.  It was all I had to work with ;) 


I've been staying up wayyy too late all this week watching the Olympics. I LOVE love love watching the figure skating and that is always at the end. I think they do that on purpose.... Anyways, I decided I also really enjoy the biathlon: A mixture of cross country skiing and shooting. It looks like so much fun! All of the games so far though have been very captivating, and the stories behind some of the athletes and games have just been incredible and so full of depth. I love it. However, my body is taking the heat for all those late nights as I struggle to roll out of bed in the mornings.


My little 7 year old brother was shouting this morning about how he hates Fridays. How can anyone hate Friday? It is the day before the weekend! Maybe if you have to work on Saturdays, I could see how Friday would be pretty pointless to you. His reasoning for hating it was simply because he has to wear a tie on Fridays to school. Oh, the little annoyances in life.


I'm trying to figure out when the best time would be to have my first shamrock shake of the season! Yes, I am one of those weird people who have strange traditions. It has to be the perfect level of warmth outside, preferably not raining, and I need to already be relaxed. You can't chug down a shamrock shake as a stress reliever. If your environmental influences are already such that you are loving life, than your experience of the first shamrock shake of the season will be 10x more enjoyable. Trust me on this. Hoping my moment comes soon because I am getting pretty antsy ;)

Have a good weekend everyone!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment